Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Iron's Prophecy (The Iron Fey #4.5)

5 stars
Julie Kagawa

Meghan Chase is finally getting used to being the Iron Queen, ruler of the Iron Fey. Her life may be strange, but with former Winter prince Ash by her side at last, she wouldn’t have it any other way. But when they travel to the Summer and Winter courts’ gathering for Elysium, the oracle from Meghan’s past returns with a dire prophecy: “What you carry will either unite the courts, or it will destroy them.” Now Meghan faces a devastating choice that may determine the future of all fey—and her and Ash’s unborn child… 
A novella from the bestselling Iron Fey series

Let me start off by saying that The Iron Fey Series is one of my favorite series of all times I have all four books in print as well as kindle editions (which rarely every happens, I usually just borrow from the library). I was ecstatic with the outcome for Meghan and Ash in The Iron Knight, so I wasn't expecting anything else from the series so when Julie said she was writing this novella I nearly died of happiness. I finally got to see what life was like for Meghan and Ash in the Iron Realm. It was AMAZING! Julie has done it again I couldn't put it down. It was released at midnight and I simply sat there at my kindle reading until 3 in the morning, I just had to know what was going to happen to their son. I was afraid at first because when authors keep writing stories about some character the characters get boring and all used up, but not Ash, Meghan, Puck, or Grim. (yes Puck and Grim are in here too). It started off with a mysterious dream which just led to more intrigue. Then a hunky scene with Ash and then to a other piece in the plot. The gathering at Elysium of course had a surprise guest, which set the whole book rest of the book into motion. We are then joined by old friends and led on a journey through the wyldwood. Meghan kidnapped by an old acquaintance and forced to fight for her life, when just in time her faery protectors help save her. And just at the last minute when I thought everything was going to workout the key information they needed was snapped from their grasp. I couldn't believe it I was left speechless staring at the book my heart racing and I was crying for them It wasn't fair!! Their unborn son set to destroy the world they had worked so hard to save No this can't be!! Keirran please be good!! Don't destroy anything. You're just too hot like your daddy!(fangirl swooning here) They are left to make their own future and keep the terrible stuff they were shown from happening. Thank You so much Julie for taking the time to write this novella and allowing us another look into faery. I missed this characters and I am glad they came back even if just for a short visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment