Pages

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test #1.5)

The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test, #1.5)
4.5 Stars
Aimee Carter

A vacation in Greece sounds like the perfect way for Kate Winters to spend her first sabbatical away from the Underworld...until she gets caught up in an immortal feud going back millennia. Castor and Pollux have been on the run from Zeus and Hades' wrath for centuries, hiding from the gods who hunt them. The last person they trust is Kate, the new Queen of the Underworld. Nevertheless, she is determined to help their cause. But when it comes to dealing with immortals, Kate still has a lot to learn....

I am just in love with this series! I mean Aimee Carter is just an amazing author. I loved the Goddess Test she just gives a whole new spin to Greek mythology. So when I was finally able to get a hold of this book in its kindle format I couldn't put it down!! It was just amazing! I give it 4.5 stars! Kate and James are back in this book showing what they are doing on the six months Kate is off on her sabbatical from the Underworld and her new husband Henry. All she wants is a vacation, but leave it James to get them into a heap of trouble on their first day in Greece. Enter Castor and Pollux running from the council who Kate has just become a part of and the troubles  start from there, after this is major spoiler alerts so I'll stop now. Kate is as strong willed as ever and her ideas of moral just don't line up with the councils, she stands strong by her convictions though and doesn't let anyone bully her. I loved being able to read the story from Henry's point of view he adds so much flavor to this story. We have always had Kate's POV and since she is so modern I completely understand where she is coming from, but Henry is older than mortals and seeing his spin on things really gets me thinking in another way. And how he is so hesitant to approach Kate while she has her six months off just breaks my heart! I mean he is like ten feet away from her and he doesn't appear to her! They are meant to be together!! And yet he is determined to give her space and not make the same mistakes and Persephone. I loved this novella and can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series!

No comments:

Post a Comment