Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pandemonium

 Lauren Oliver
4 Stars
I'm pushing aside the memory of my nightmare
pushing aside thoughts of Alex
pushing aside thoughts of Hana
and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do. 
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
 behind a wall of smoke and flame. 

I have been waiting since February for my library to get anything other then an audio edition of Pandemonium and it has been grueling waiting for it. I am was so excited to finally start reading it and I can say that it was totally worth the wait. Lauren Oliver picks up were she left off in Delirium, at the fence with Lena running for her life and her heart breaking for the love she had to leave behind. Lena keeps running and running until pure exhaustion over takes her. She is found and nursed back to health and her life in the wilds begins. Now I don't wanna spoil anything so I won't say anymore specific plot details, because I don't wanna ruin it but I loved this book! Lena is reborn in the wild force to make due with whats she has, deal with issues she never faced in Portland and she must learn to get over Alex the one who she gave it all up for. She faces hardship and is forced examine the person she has become, along the way she deals with feeling she never thought she'd have again much less for her enemy. She also finds answers to questions she has long that solved and learns that if you harden yourself too much you become just like the enemy, she finds out that things are not always as they seem. Lena grows to become a strong heroine that I can really relate with Lauren Oliver did such a great job with the characters in this book I felt as though I have know people just like them. I have to say that the ending threw me for a loop, I literally was left staring at the last page in complete shock. This was amazing book and really well written for a second book in a series, I can't wait for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment