Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Why I Love Ariella Tularyn From the Iron Fey Series

So author Julie Kagawa is having a contest for a signed copy of her new book coming out The Iron Legends and since I love the Iron Fey series I couldn't help but enter. So here is my post of my favorite character in the Iron Fey series.
Why I Love Ariella Tularyn from the Iron Fey Series
I love Ariella because she is so selfless. She is perfectly happy living her life in the Winter court with her lover Ash and sneaking away to have adventures with the infamous Robin Goodfellow. She has a great life everything was going swimmingly when one afternoon she was killed.  It was very sudden and she had no way to prepare for it a life taken so young even for a faery and yet she was never resentful for it. She was killed she had accepted it and then the powers that be resurrected her and she was installed as the Seer. When she was reborn she could have returned to Ash and lived with him again and yet she resided herself to be just the Seer. She took up the mantle and sat back and let the future play itself out. She watched her winter prince suffer for years and then she watched him fall in love with a mortal girl that had to be so hard for her. She set the pieces in motion for the future to be what it needed to be, so that though she may not be happy but faery would be saved and everything would work out. And then to top that off she even helped Ash obtain a mortal soul so that he could be with Meghan. She sacrificed herself for Ash and Meghan to be together and yes she was a little jealous of Meghan when they were in the dream, but I mean everything she loved was taken from her I would be furious. I mean she truly loves Ash because she wants him to be happy even if that means if its not with her, that is what true love is. She deserves so much credit for what she did throughout the series even if we don't see her until the last book. She is selfless, courageous, and just an all over amazing person and that's why I love her.

1 comment:

  1. I also love her...like a sister. I feel she was wronged by Julia.

    ReplyDelete