Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Rapture

Lauren Kate
3 Stars
 Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.In the fight for Luce, who will win?

The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer

I was so happy that this was going to be the final book in the series. I wanted Luce and Daniel to be together finally for everything to work out and I am very happy with the way things turned out. I was eager to start this book and then I got to the like fourth chapter and I felt that the book started to drag so I put it aside hoping that I would back to it in a different state of mind. I finally picked it up again about a week later and though it was still dragging through the middle of the book I really wanted to see how the series ended, so I stuck it out. About half way through I started to remember why I started this series in the first place and I feverishly read to the end. I started guessing wildly about three quarters of the way through the book about how it was going to end, I kept putting clues together that Lauren Kate was subtly hinting at through out the chapter and it turned out my hunches were correct in the end. I'm so glad that Luce was able to grow so much as a person, she wasn't the same heroine we started out with from the first book. She grew stronger and though she still needed Daniel she developed a strength all her own, though Daniel helped her by believing in her the whole time. She uses this strength to explore her past and allow her to be able to forge a future she deserved. I have to say that I enjoyed the development of the characters, how they grew and changed through out the series and finally became the best of themselves. Let me tell you this book turned out so much different then I thought in the beginning. It took some bizarre twist and turns that left me yelling at the book at some points completely dumbfounded. In the end it worked out all for the best and I really enjoyed how Ms. Kate was able to bring closure and an ending to a really amazing series.

No comments:

Post a Comment